**Resumption of Group Rides**
I'm sure everyone is excited about the return of group rides. We have adopted a modified form of the guidance provided by British Cycling. Please take note of the following:
**Start times will be staggered.** **Sports** Groups will disappear into the distance from 8.50am *at a target average speed of 18mph+ (28kph)*. **Inters** Groups from 9.00am *at a target average of 15-17mph (24-28kph)* and Progs/**Coffee** Groups from 9.10am *at a target average speed of 12-14mph (19-23kph)*. If numbers require, each level will be split into groups of 6, departing promptly at 2 minute intervals. This interval must also be maintained on the road. Please do not arrive too early for your ride group and maintain a two metre distance while you wait for the start
* **Group sizes will be limited to 6 riders. **This worked well when we tried it late last year, and given the size of the local roads is appropriate for our conditions. We know that British Cycling make mention of larger group sizes but as a club we have decided on this lower limit.
* **Ride Leaders will be pre-assigned. **You may have seen posts asking for ride leader volunteers. We have identified a pool of willing members (more welcome!) and are trialling a new app to help organise. Ride leaders will arrive with the route loaded (*but that doesn't mean you don't have to*) and will be responsible for maintaining group order during the ride, including regrouping as required. Leaders will also help to ensure multiple groups do not merge on the road, for example at junctions or at the top of climbs. The leaders will also be making a note of attendance (see next point)
* **Track and Trace.** Ride leaders will be making a note of riders in each group in case we find ourselves in a situation where we have to trace potentially affected riders. Going forward we will be looking at a simple method for members to "register" before each ride to say whether they plan on attending. This will help massively in ensuring we have enough ride leaders. More on this another time.
* **Coffee Stops. **Going forward the "Progs" group will be renamed as the Coffee group. (The progs concept will continue with special rides series designed to help riders progress towards a particular target such as a century ride or improving climbing etc). The coffee group will follow the same route as the other groups but will include a coffee stop. If there are multiple coffee groups it is likely they will coincide at the coffee stop. Riders must not congregate in groups of more than 6 and must continue to maintain the two metre distance. And don't forget your face covering.
* **Post Ride at Lockies.** If you wish to stop at the end of the ride, please note that riders must not congregate in groups of more than 6 and must continue to maintain the two metre distance
* **Ride Schedule. **The ride schedule for the next few weeks can be found in the events section of the club RideWithGPS site.
Please don't turn up for a group ride if you are showing any symptoms, come into contact or have tested positive etc. And no "Snot rockets". Ever.
Thanks! ... See MoreSee Less
Nice post formatting!
I’m always in the wind!
I'm really interested to see how these coffee themed pain trains are going to work out! 😜
FYI, the Coffee group stop this Sunday will be at the main Water Park cafe. I think they're still using the hatch outside for ordering and there's plenty of room.